106th ride of 2019 - Friday, 11/1/2019

2019 mileage: 3398.2

After the rain forced me inside to LA Fitness the last two days I was glad to be able to get outside again today. However, the weather affected today's ride in a big way, too. Originally, I had intended to ride my 20-mile round trip to Baker Rd. However, unseasonable early cold has clamped down on us in a big way, and when I began at 12:30, the 39° temperature and 13 mph wind out of the west-southwest convinced me to shorten it by about half, and just ride the round trip to Marsh Park. But then, even that proved too much, and I ended up riding a loop through the Silo Ridge subdivision before returning home, for 6.5 miles in 59 minutes.

Also, before my ride, I was happy to be able to get a new wardrobe item from the mail. When I got my new trike in  May 2016 *as a trade offered by TerraTrike in exchange for my problematic traveler model), TerraTrike's employee Stowe brought me a TerraTrike cap, and I've worn that every day under my helmet.


However, after several washings, it was literally falling apart, so I ordered a new one from the company, and it arrived today. I took a picture of the old and new caps before beginning my ride.









H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 4/10//2019

92nd ride of 2019 - Friday, 10/4/2019

86th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 9/25/2019