88th ride of 2019 - Saturday, 9/29/2019

2019 mileage: 3051.8

Again today, complying with Michelle's request, I kept my ride short, just doing a round trip to Marsh Park. The 65° skies when I began at 7:30 were spitting light rain at me intermittently, and that continued throughout the ride. 

Once again, the MapMyRIde app malfunctioned. It seems to have settled into a fairly consistent pattern in recent days, slipping into Pause mode sometime during the first mile of my ride, and costing me roughly a quarter mile on my stats. But I figure I did about 10.1 miles again (I know this from having ridden it so many times), in 1:15.

There was a bit of adventure today -- nothing overly dramatic, but on the way out there was an electric company doing some work beside the trail. They had their big fat truck parked smack in the middle of the trail, at a point where I had no other options. I tried to make my way carefully around it, but couldn't quite, and ended up going down a side hill and into a ditch. My shoe came off, as well ... and I had to pull the trike back up the hill to the trail, with my stocking foot getting wet in the rainy grass.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 4/10//2019

92nd ride of 2019 - Friday, 10/4/2019

86th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 9/25/2019