85th ride of 2019 - Tuesday, 9/24/20

2019 mileage: 3021.5

Today I had hoped to ride the 20-mile round trip to Baker Rd. However, as I just began riding again yesterday following my September 11 colon surgery (for cancer), Michelle asked me to please keep my rides short this week, and then if all is going well I can begin to inch them up longer next week. So, complying with this request, I rode another round trip today to Marsh Park -- 10.1 miles in 1:15.

My calendar reminds me that today is the sixth anniversary of an incident that occurred when I was still riding a regular bicycle, before switching to the trike because of the balance issues resulting from my 1993 Traumatic Brain Injury. I was riding home from work at Briarwood Firestone, and fell in State Rd., half a mile or so south of Ellsworth. I have no memory of any specific incident that triggered it; I just remember losing my balance and going down. Fortunately I was not hit by any traffic, but upon striking the ground my clavicle (collarbone) was fractured, and an ambulance had to take me to the ER of University Hospital. Michelle was called and came to get me, and all ended OK, but that was the last time I ever rode a regular bicycle.

Even though it is technically fall now, summer weather persists, and I rode very comfortably today in 74° partial sunshine, wearing shorts and a short-sleeve shirt.

Here is a picture that Michelle took of me in our complex, August of 2017.



My calendar 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 4/10//2019

92nd ride of 2019 - Friday, 10/4/2019

86th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 9/25/2019