81st ride of 2019 - Friday, 9/6/2019 birth

2019 mileage: 2977.2

This morning I did my longest ride since June 16, 2017, when I rode six round trips to Marsh Park for a 50-mile ride. Today I rode to Gallup Park




and then along the Gallup Park Path, which goes eastward, following the Huron RIver, to Parker Mills Park




and then looped around St. Joe Hospital 





before returning home. When I got home, I did a loop in our complex, too, in order to bring me up to an even 30 miles (which I did in 3:46).

Conditions were pretty fair—when I began, at 8:45, it was 60° and partly sunny. During the morning, clouds moved in, and during the middle part of the ride, the sky spit light, intermittent rain on me (and that returned in the last couple of miles of the ride). Temperatures were in the sixties throughout, so that I rode very comfortably in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt.


I think, too, that while riding today, I formulated a goal for my next birthday, in March. I want to ride 63 miles for my 63 years. This is obviously a big goal -- at the speed the trike allows me to go, 63 miles will take me almost 8 hours of riding time -- and the longest ride I have ever done so far is 50 miles.  But it seems to me quite doable, if I'm willing to start early and just keep chipping away at it, without paying attention to speed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 4/10//2019

92nd ride of 2019 - Friday, 10/4/2019

86th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 9/25/2019