72nd ride of 2019 - Tuesday, 8/20/2019

2019 mileage: 2778.5

After learning from my friend Jim Alvey last night that the extension of the trail we ride (the Lohr-Textile Greenway) is now complete, through to Platt Rd. to the east, I decided to incorporate it into today's ride, and so rode there (to Platt) and then north and east (along sidewalks) to do a loop around St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, my "home away from home" in 1993, when I spent roughly half a year as a patient there, recovering from my accident.

After this loop, I returned home by roughly the same route, even though I was tiring and was tempted to shorten it slightly by taking a more direct route. As it was, MapMyRide measured me at 24.2 miles in 2:58, and even this shorted it slightly, as I discovered about half a mile into the ride that the app wasn't running, so I had to begin it late, at that point. Also, inexplicably to me, it slipped into pause mode three times during the "home stretch" of today's ride, after I had returned to Marsh Park and was doing the 5 miles home from there.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 4/10//2019

92nd ride of 2019 - Friday, 10/4/2019

86th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 9/25/2019