41st ride of 2019 - Tuesday, 6/11/2019

2019 mileage: 2141.6

I took Sunday as a rest day, as I frequently do; and then yesterday, I also took a rest day, due to a crowded schedule (including numerous errands), and extreme weariness. So I was especially glad to get back to it today, on a spectacular day for a ride. The temperature was mild and springlike (66° when I began, just past 10:15, and up to 75° when I finished), and we had a rare, bright sunny day. With the surrounding Great Lakes and all the atmospheric moisture, Michigan has as exceptionally high percentage of gray days ... my daughter like to speak of us as living under the 'Permacloud.' 😎

So, I enjoyed a leisurely round trip to Baker Rd. and back, turning in 20.3 miles in 2:34. The only notable peculiarity of the ride was that as they were paving the intersection of Scio Church and S. Main on my outbound ride, I couldn't cross there and had to ride the sidewalk down Scio Church to 7th St. instead, and from there up to Stadium, where I could resume my normal route. Coming home, I went the same way, so that I wouldn't have to deal with the problem.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 4/10//2019

92nd ride of 2019 - Friday, 10/4/2019

86th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 9/25/2019