32nd ride of 2019 - Tuesday, 5/21/2019

2019 mileage: 1935.9

Today, I left shortly before 10:00 and rode again the round trip to Baker Rd. (Dexter). It was 51° and partly sunny when I began (climbing to 59° when I finished).  It seems crazy to me that in mid- to late March, I still need to wear a fleece for my rides; but it felt awfully good today.

My wife Michelle frequently tells me I am "clueless." To be honest, I have to concede the accuracy of this charge. Whenever I ride by a business on Jackson Rd., one of whose signs follows, I have to smile and think, "MY PLACE!"



For my listening today, I enjoyed a curious pair. On the way out I listened to noted popular singer Billy Joel. And on the way home, I listened to superb Christian artist Sandy Patti.

Since I love working with numbers, after I finished today's ride I consulted my records and learned that, since being able to return this year to my rides to Baker Rd. (on April 5), I've done it on 17 of the 47 days, or 37% of the time. This is a smaller figure than I had expected - but, to use a contemporary phrase that I dislike, "it is what it is."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 4/10//2019

92nd ride of 2019 - Friday, 10/4/2019

86th ride of 2019 - Wednesday, 9/25/2019